Rose water can be a unique addition to your beauty regimen simply because it’s all natural and healing. Plus, it has this exotic scent that can be very soothing. Adding this wonder elixir to your hair care routine will nourish your hair and leave you with nice and shiny tresses.
Rose Water Benefits For Hair
It’s a natural but gentle astringent that can soothe irritated scalp. It also helps stabilize hair’s pH balance because its pH is similar to that of hair. Women with curly hair swear by rose water’s ability to calm down frizz and add shine. Vitamins A, B3, C and E present in rose water helps promote hair growth by nourishing the scalp.
• Controls oily scalp
• Reduces frizziness
• Fights dandruff
• Promotes hair growth
• Maintains pH levels of hair
• Moisturizes dry and frizzy hair
• Rejuvenates hair follicles
• Hydrates and soothes itchy scalp
How to Use Rose Water for Hair
• The most easiest way to use rose water to your hair is to use it as a final rinse after shampooing and conditioning your hair. It will condition, add shine and leave on pleasant scent on your hair.
• Either it’s summers or winters, oily/greasy scalp is a major concern for most of us. To control an oily scalp, just add rose water to your favorite shampoo or conditioner and wash your hair as usual.
• To get rid of dandruff or itchy scalp, apply rose water directly to your scalp using cotton pads. It will help reduce the scalp inflammation too.
• Having oily hair is a common problem and so does dry hair. To reduces frizziness, spray rose water onto your hair. as a hair mist. It will leave your dry hair manageable and moisturized.
3 DIY Rose Water Recipes For Hair
1) For Damaged Hair
Mix 1 cup of rose water, 8-10 drops of jojoba/olive oil, and 1 capsule of vitamin E in a plastic bowl. Massage this mixture for at least 10 minutes on wet scalp/hair, and then shampoo and condition as usual.
2) For Improved Hair Texture
Mix equal parts of rose water, aloe vera gel and almond/jojoba/olive oil. Leave it on for 30-45 minutes, and then rinse it off. The mask rejuvenates your hair follicles and also moisturizes your scalp, taming hair frizz. Use this remedy once a week for best results.
3) For Dandruff
Mix equal quantities of rose water and lemon juice, and apply it all over your scalp. Wash it off with warm water after 30 minutes. Its regular use will keep dandruff in control.
One thing you can be sure of while applying rose water for hair is that it is safe, and will definitely not cause any adverse reactions.