As stereotypical as it sounds, the chinese drink A LOT of herbal tea and the most popular has always been green tea which they also use topically, particularly as a face mask.
Matcha is a special type of green tea and the same properties that make it beneficial for drinking are great for the skin, especially ECGC — one of the most powerful and well-researched compounds found in green tea, which is atleast three times higher in Matcha than the regular green teas.
ECGC helps in evening the skin tone, reducing acne and inflammation, and increasing skin elasticity. Read on to find out how you can make Matcha Green Tea Face Mask For Acne at home.
What You'll Need:
• Calendula/English Marigold: 8-10 flowers
• Water: 2-3 cups
• Glycerin: 10 ml
• Lavender Essential Oil: 5 drops
• Witch Hazel Extract: 5 drops• Matcha Green Tea Powder: ½ cup
• Kaolin (also called china clay): ½ cup
• First, you’ll have to prepare Marigold Water and for that – just cook the marigold flowers and water for 20 minutes, then strain it and keep it aside.
• Now, In a different container, add glycerin, lavender essential oil, witch hazel extract, and around 50 ml of the marigold water you just prepared and mix everything well together. You’ll need this mixture in the next step.
• Take a bowl, add matcha green tea powder, kaolin and 2 tablespoons of the mixture mentioned in the previous step. Mix everything well and voila! Your Matcha Green Tea Face Mask is ready!
• Apply this mask for 15 minutes and rinse it off with normal water. Follow up with a moisturizer.
• Deep cleanses the skin.
• Tightens large pores.
• Oil and Acne Control.