Egg is a powerhouse of vital nutrients & minerals that can do wonders for your overall health. It’s a rich source of protein, potassium, Choline, Vitamin D, Vitamin B₁₂ and various antioxidants like Lutein & zeaxanthin.
One of the key nutrients present in egg is protein, which is said to prevent hair breakage by conditioning the scalp. Since the hair is 70% protein, the protein in eggs also help rebuild the damaged keratin gaps in the structure of your hair. Rich in Biotin, eggs can provide the much needed nourishment & luster you want in your damaged tresses.
So raid your fridge, grab hold of some eggs & try this egg hair mask for nourished hair.
1. One egg (Two eggs if you have long hair)
2. Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
3. Banana – 1 (optional)
- Beat the egg in a bowl until the white and yolk are combined. Add mashed banana and olive oil to it and mix well. [Pro-tip: For oily hair, use egg whites only. For dry hair, use egg yolks only.]
- To make the application process easier, wet your hair first. Apply this mixture to your hair, starting from the roots.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with your favorite shampoo.
- You may skip using conditioner as this hair mask itself acts as a conditioner.
Note: Never use hot water to rinse off an egg hair mask as it will cook the egg, making the smell impossible to get rid of. Always use cold water.
Why This Works?
The mixture of olive oil & egg is one of the most efficient hair conditioning treatments. It will help nourish your roots, promoting hair growth & improving hair texture. It also prevents early graying and protects the hair color.
Olive oil has a moisturizing effect that nourishes your scalp, which can prevent dandruff, which is one of the causes of hair loss.
Optionally, you can skip adding banana as an ingredient but it helps soften the hair & provides it with extra conditioning.