It’s true – one of your favorite beverages not only boosts your mood and energy level, but can help improve your skin too as it’s loaded with powerful anti-oxidants. Coffee contains very large amounts of multiple anti-oxidants including polyphenols which are also found in green tea. So even if you’re trying to cut back on drinking coffee – You can still apply it to your skin to give it a more glowing look while preventing clogged pores.
DIY Coffee Face Mask
• Coffee Powder – 1 tablespoon
• Honey – 1 tablespoon
• Oats – 1 tablespoon (optional)
Time: 20 minutes.
• Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and apply the mixture on your cleansed face.
• Let it sit for about 20 minutes.
• Rinse it off with normal water, massaging gently to remove all the dirt and dead skin cells.
How Often: Once or twice a week.
Why This Works?
• Coffee effectively fights signs of ageing, tightens the skin and even prevent skin damage. Coffee also possesses anti-inflammatory property which can reduce the skin inflammation and redness.
• Oatmeal has rich anti-oxidant properties and helps undo damage done to your skin by pollution, UV rays and harmful chemicals. Owing to its healing, moisturizing and anti-oxidant properties, It is effective in soothing sunburn.
•Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it’s great for acne treatment and prevention. Also, Honey is extremely moisturizing, so it deeply nourishes the skin and helps create a glow.