Wrinkles and fine lines are primarily caused by reduced collagen and elastin production. Vitamin K present in avocado helps protect the collagen in the skin. When healthy collagen production is maintained, your skin appears more plump, smooth and youthful.
It also contains Vitamin C and Vitamin E which protects the skin against UV damage, with Vitamin C fighting UVA damage and Vitamin E fighting the DNA-altering UVB rays.
The green fruit is packed with skin friendly vitamins and minerals which helps nourish, hydrate and preserve moisture in skin cells and restore a more youthful glow to the face.
Try this DIY Avocado anti-aging face mask and keep those fine lines and wrinkles in check.
DIY AVOCADO FACE MASK
Ingredients For Dry and Sensitive Skin:
• ½ ripe avocado
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil/coconut oil/sweet almond oil
Ingredients For Oily Skin:
• ½ ripe avocado
• 1 egg white
• Keep mixing both the ingredients very well together in a bowl until it reaches a creamy-smooth type consistency.
• Start applying the mixture to your cleansed face and be sure to bring it down to your neck as well.
• Lay down and relax for 10-15 minutes while this vitamin-rich mask hydrates your skin.
• Wash the mask off with lukewarm water followed by cold water to close your pores.
• Pat your face dry with a towel. Apply moisturizer, if needed.
Shelf Life: You can store it in a refrigerator for upto 4-5 days. If you notice any funky smell though, you can dispose it off.
» Use a soft and ripe avocado for the purpose of making face masks.
» You can apply the other half avocado, without mixing it into anything, directly onto your orbital rim (that’s the socket area around the eye). Over the avocado you can apply cotton pads saturated with cold water.
» For a more refreshing effect, you can refrigerate the mask for a few minutes before applying it.
» Do not apply this mask to your face if you have a known skin allergy to avocado.