If you’re a lover of false lashes, you’ve probably wondered at one time or another – “Can I reuse my falsies?” Well let us tell you: Yes, you can!
False eyelashes add extra oomph to your beautifully contoured face but a dirty pair of lashes can lead to bacteria build-up and increase the chances of developing eye infection.
If you’re investing in MAC or Ardell lashes, it can be quite pricey so you may want to be able to use them several times. Huda kattan – the beauty influencer and vlogger, is here to help you reuse your falsies multiple times with an easy and quick cleaning hack so you can stop throwing away money.
How to Clean False Eyelashes
Things you'll need:
- 2 Cotton Pads
- Cotton Swab / Q-tip
- Oil-free Micellar Cleansing Water / Baby shampoo
- Firstly, use tweezers to carefully pull off any visible dried glue. [ Make sure to only pull with the tweezers, pulling at the lashes can cause them to tear ]
- Soak a cotton pad in makeup remover and place each lash on it and now top the lash with another cotton pad.
- Press the 2 cotton pads together for 30 seconds to soak up any dirt or remaining glue.
- Soak a Q-tip in makeup remover and wipe away any makeup residue.
- Repeat the same process with other eyelash.
By keeping them nice and clean, you’ll get more uses out of them in the long run and keep your eyes safe and bacteria-free.